Sunday, July 11, 2010

It Starts Like This...

"It starts with this: put your desk in a corner, and every time you sit down there to write, remind yourself why it isn't in the middle of the room. Life isn’t a support-system for art. It's the other way around."
- Stephen King


This is where I'm going to start writing again. Every day, if I can. Fiction, non-fiction or just quick journal posts. I've fancied myself a writer for a long time, but ever since about half-way through college, I suddenly found myself being more the photographer rather than the writer.

Don't get me wrong, my already amazing audience, I really love photography. But, its gotten to the point where it is really too easy for me to take a picture, have people go 'Ohh' and 'Ahh' and call myself an artist or even creative. Photography is a simple art to get good in - it really is. Especially digital photography, when you can take thousands of images and pick only a small handful to actually show people.

If people knew how many photos I take to get that single, amazing image, I probably would not get as much respect for being an amazing photographer as I do. Because, in all reality, I'm not really that great. I'm good - probably better than most, but am I great?

Not yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment